This recipe calls for fresh lemon juice and fresh lemon zest, something that elevates a simple recipe and turns it into an extraordinary recipe! I developed the recipe recently and I have not been able to keep up with demand. The moment the house begins to fill with the warm smell from the oven hungry mouths appear. It’s now to time to share that recipe with you, I cannot keep it all to myself. Happy baking!
- 2 Cups Organic Unbleached Flour (you can use all-purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Salt (I use Himalayan sea salt and grind to a fine powder, but you can use regular salt)
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Organic Sugar (you can use regular sugar)
- 3/4 Cup Full-fat Organic Milk (you can use regular milk)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Greek Yoghurt
- 1/4 Cup Organic Olive Oil (you can use regular olive oil)
- 1 Large Zest of One Large Lemon (or two small lemons)
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (you can find organic brands if you desire)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan-forced oven).
- Place 12 grease-proof muffin/cupcake papers into your muffin pan.
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until just combined (do not over mix).
- Divide the mixture between the muffin papers.
- Bake for 18-20 mins or until golden on top and spring back when pressed.