Matcha green tea powder is one very powerful and very fun way to consume green tea. Matcha is a beautiful bright green and it has a wonderful creamy texture. This style of green tea has a very impressive 137 times more antioxidants than a regular cup of green tea. To receive the same level of antioxidants you would need to drink ten cups of regular tea, now that’s a lot of tea!
So why is this green bomb so good for us?
Matcha is grown and produced very differently from the green tea you might regularly purchase and drink. Matcha is bright green because it is made from the entire leaf and you drink the entire leaf, so you are drinking 100% of the nutrients. So, it’s a powder, actually, Matcha means powdered tea.
You make a cup by adding a teaspoon to 1/3 of a cup of water that has almost come to boil. You then whisk with a special bamboo brush until it froths and drink as you normally would.
As I mentioned above Matcha is known for its powerful antioxidant content, however, it is also known for some other amazing health benefits. Check just a few of these out:
- Matcha boosts your metabolism and increases your bodies thermogenesis (the body’s rate of burning calories). The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition puts the increase to around 34-35%. That’s a significant increase in our bodies ability to burn calories!
- Matcha green tea is rich in soluble fibre. Ensuring we have adequate fibre intake can assist with our digestive system and assist with our overall health. Consuming adequate amounts of soluble fibre is very important for optimal health because it optimises the function of the friendly bacteria in our gut and reduces known risks of chronic disease.
- Drinking the tea calms your mind due to the amino acid L-Theanine. It allows your body to relax, it enhances your memory, boosts creativity and can help keep you focused.
- Matcha has some hidden gems that you wouldn’t expect like vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium.
- It’s also known to assist with lowering cholesterol and balancing blood sugar.
Matcha is a fun way to drink green tea and with all, it’s incredible health benefits it’s absolutely worth giving this little green bomb a try. You can purchase Matcha and a bamboo brush for frothing from your local health food store or of course, you can order it online.
Love WHY MATCHA GREEN TEA IS THE BOMB? Or know someone who needs to read this? Please share away!
I would also love to hear what you think about my post, leave me a comment below ♥