I never manage to cook the correct amount of rice. We always have way too much left over at the end of the meal. Underestimating how much to cook became such a nuisance I had to be very creative with leftover rice over the years. Recently I developed the most scrumptious recipe to use up the leftover rice that adults and kids will just fall in love with. It’s an organic twist on an old favourite that makes the best dessert, snack or breakfast!
My family adores this recipe and I know you will as well.
- 2 Cups cooked organic long grain rice
- 1 ¾ cups organic full fat milk
- Pinch of salt (pink Himalayan salt)
- 4 Tbs of organic maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- Cinnamon to serve
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, milk, maple syrup and salt.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spoon into serving dishes and dust lightly with cinnamon.