Organic Peanut Slice
I love this delicious slice! It was my gorgeous grandmother's recipe. I feel so privileged to be able to bake this for my little family just as she did. When the slice is baking it fills every corner of the house with the most tantalizing warm delicious smell. It has the ability to take you back to the traditions of baking, just as our grandparents did. I know you will love it, just as my family does.
Write a review
- 120g Organic Butter
- 1 cup Organic Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Raw Sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Shredded Coconut
- 100g Roasted Organic Peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a small slice pan with baking paper.
- Melt butter and vanilla in a small saucepan.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add melted butter and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place the slice mix into the slice pan and very firmly pack down.
- Bake the slice in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the slice from the oven and allow it to completely cool before slicing.
- I use stone ground organic wholemeal self raising flour.
- Store slice in an air tight container.
Glamor Hippie http://glamorhippie.com.au/