ORGANIC ANZAC BISCUITS
This organic twist on a traditional recipe is the perfect way to enjoy your Anzac biscuits!
Write a review
- 1 1/4 cups organic plain flour (sifted)
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup organic desiccated coconut (very fine coconut)
- 150g unsalted grass fed organic butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Place the sifted flour flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter, stir over low heat until the butter has completely melted.
- Mix the bicarb soda with 1 1/2 tablespoons water. Remove the golden syrup mixture from the heat and stir in the bicarb soda mixture. This will create a reaction and the mixture will bubble rapidly.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients, mix together until fully combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely on the tray before removing.
Glamor Hippie http://glamorhippie.com.au/