This chocolate slice is too good to be true! I can never seem to make enough for the hungry mouths in my family. When I was first playing around with the recipe, I was trying to make something as a treat to add to my husband and my work lunch boxes. But the kids quickly moved in and claimed their love for my Healthy Chocolate Slice, and it’s now a family favourite. A little bonus this recipe doesn’t contain nuts, so I can pop it in the school lunch boxes, a small homemade treat that is secretly good for them is a woohoo moment for me. I know you will love them as well. Happy Cooking!
- 2 cups of organic pitted dates
- 3/4 cup of raw organic cacao
- 3/4 cup of organic shredded coconut slightly toasted
- 3 tbs or organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of organic shredded coconut not toasted
- Place all the ingredients into a high speed food processor. Blend until the mix comes together into a large ball.
- Place the ball onto a piece of baking paper and shape into a large sausage. Top with the untoasted coconut and roll into a smooth sausage shape covering it with coconut as you go.
- Slice into 1-2cm slices depending on your preference. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy.