Easter seems to come around so quickly each year; I never quite feel prepared. This year has been no exception!
I was looking for a quick, delicious carrot cake recipe recently, as a base for making an Easter cake. Before I found one, I noticed I had two boxes of Donna Hay carrot cake mix in my pantry. So, I decided to bake both cakes and turn them into a simple Easter Cake.
It worked perfectly.
I decided I must share it with you because it’s so simple and so delicious!
- 2 boxes of Donna Hay best-loved carrot cake mix
- 5 cups of grated carrot, firmly packed (about 6 medium carrots)
- 1 cup light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 500g cream cheese, softened and chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Place the carrot cake mix, grated carrot, oil and eggs in a bowl and mix until all combined.
- Pour the mixture into two 20cm round cake tins, lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake both cakes for 55-60 minutes. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Follow the packet instructions for the Icing Mixture.
- I used organic eggs, organic olive oil and organic carrots for this recipe.