Recently I have purchased the pre-made Chia Puddings from my local supermarket, I must admit I was very excited when I first discovered them. However I just don’t enjoy them. The taste and texture just doesn’t do anything for me. So I have been on a mission to make my own! This recipe that I am sharing with you today is a favourite in my house for dessert and very easy to make.
Write a review
- 1 ½ cups of almond milk (sweetened or unsweetened, depending on your preference)
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds (black or white, depending on your preference)
- 2 tbs of sweetener - honey, maple syrup or agave nectar (I use agave nectar because the consistency works well in this recipe, my second choice would be maple syrup)
- ½ tsp of vanilla (optional)
- 2 large pears peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 2 heaped tsp of coconut sugar
- 2 tbs of water
- Place almond milk, chia seeds, agave nectar and vanilla into a mix bowl, mix to combine. Place bowl in the fridge and chill for 1 hour.
- Place the pears, raspberries, coconut sugar and water into a small saucepan, cover and cook on a medium heat until the fruit is cooked. Remove the lid and continue to cook until the majority of the liquid has reduced, this shouldn’t take any longer than 5 minutes to reduce.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once the chia mix and the fruit mix have been in the fridge for an hour, remove and spoon into glass jars or glasses. Start with the chia mix, then a layer of fruit mix, continue until all the mixture is used.
- Cover and refrigerate for a further 4 hours.
- This mix makes 4 small glass jars as shown in the picture.
Glamor Hippie http://glamorhippie.com.au/